Embark on a magical journey through untouched native New Zealand forest from a unique perspective high in the forest canopy.
High amongst ancient trees, this 3-hour adventure combines fun and excitement with pristine natural beauty.
Mix thrill and wonder through an incredible network of trails, tree platforms, ziplines (flying foxes) and swing bridges. The changing views are breathtaking as you experience the thrill of flying through changing landscapes from high above unexplored forested valleys to tight openings through the forest sub canopy amongst stands of giant long forgotten trees.
In between the thrill of the ziplines (flying fox), suspended treebridges and tree platforms, your guides share their passion and knowledge for the local history, the forest and the conservation challenges they face in preserving this special ecosystem.
Hear the beautiful orchestra of native bird song resonating in the forest and take a deep breath to let the wondrous moment sink in.
Daily (multiple times available)
Duration – 4 Hours total
– Return transfers from central Rotorua accommodation
– 2 highly trained and knowledgeable guides
– 1.2-kilometer network of ziplines, swingbridges, treetop platforms and walking trails deep in virgin New Zealand native forest
– 6 Zipline/Flying fox flights up to 220 meters long and 40 meters above forest floor
– Treetop platforms perched 22 meters up 500-year-old trees
– Tree to tree swingbridges up to 50 meters long
– All safety equipment
– Cold weather and wet weather clothing
Need to Know:
Minimum age is 6 years old. Children must be accompanied by one participating adult. Maximum weight allowance per participant is 120kg (265 pounds). Moderate fitness level required. Tours may be postponed due to adverse weather conditions or high winds.
GoPro camera rental available – must be prebooked.