Travel Insurance and Visas
Should I get a travel visa?
The qualifications for travel visas is different for every country. It may depend on which country you’re traveling from, the length of your stay and when you obtained your passport.
If you are traveling from the US to Fiji or the Cook Islands, a travel Visa isn’t required, just a passport!
Do I need Travel Visas and insurance?
Yes. A travel visa may be required for entry into a country, but does not protect you from any accidents or issues while vacationing.
Travel Insurance is a must. It protects you, your loved ones and your investment involved with your vacation against unforeseen events. If something goes wrong on your trip and you have travel insurance, then there will be financial compensation and help available for you and your family.
Is Travel Insurance necessary?
We recommend buying travel insurance if you are planning a trip, especially our customers. We want travelers to have the best experience and not be “at risk” for unforeseen financial issues.
What affects Travel Insurance cost?
It really depends on a number of factors, i.e. trip cost, age of the traveler and trip length.
Why should I get Travel Insurance?
A travel protection plan can help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. Consider travel protection for:
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Interruption
- Emergency Medical Expenses
- Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation of Remains
- Trip Delay Baggage & Personal Effects
- Baggage Delay and more
- If a covered health issue arises with a member of your family before your trip, even if that member isn’t traveling with you, and you decide not to travel because of that reason, you may be eligible for a full refund of your trip cost. This includes your immediate family like your parents, Grandparents, children, siblings, In-laws, step-children and care-givers (it does not include ‘Cousins’).
- If you purchase insurance within 15-21 days from the trip deposit, you may be eligible for the waiver of “pre-existing” medical condition exclusion.
- More expensive policies provide coverage for “conflicts with scheduling” and may even offer a “Change your Mind” or “Cancel for Any Reason” policy. For travelers who have the tendency to have schedule changes, this may be the best option even if it is a bit more expensive.
- Some Family Policies insure children at no additional cost, make sure to check with the provider.
Traveling to New Zealand? Need help planning your trip? We’d love to help you!
We’re Experts at custom vacations to Australia, New Zealand & the South Pacific. Tell us your interests, preferred travel dates and we’ll custom build your itinerary and send you a Quote (no obligation).
Contact Us toll free on 888-359-2877 (8.30am-5pm, M-F, CT USA)
Planning to travel to New Zealand?
Read FAQs on New Zealand Vacation trip planning
View sample New Zealand Vacations and Travel Packages.
Check the forecast: New Zealand’s Weather Forecast
Start planning your next vacation right now! Request Tailor-Made Vacation
About New Zealand, a subsidiary of About Australia, is proud to be an ARC Accredited Agency. ARC ticketing agencies are the most select group of dedicated professionals in the U.S. travel industry and are recognized as having met stringent financial, personnel, and security requirements. About Australia’s ARC # 45581863
About New Zealand Reviews
Read more About New Zealand Reviews